Bring Home Alaska's Fastest Internet
Alaska Communications Fiber installations occur in two phases. Phase 1, exterior installation and phase 2, interior installation.
- Exterior Installation
During your installation appointment, a technician will attach a small utility box called a Fiber Drop Box to the exterior of your home. From there, our technicians will identify the best path for burying the cable. The tech will run a cable from the Fiber Drop Box to the Fiber Access Terminal near your property and connect to the network. All said and done, little impact is made to your property, and we leave your property in the same condition as we arrived.
- Interior Installation
Once a fiber cable is passed through a wall and enters the interior of your home from the Fiber Drop Box, the Optical Network Terminal (ONT), which resides in your house, is connected to the network. The ONT will also be connected via an Ethernet connection to your WiFi device (or the Plume SuperPod provided at time of installation). Once the wiring is complete, the tech will help you activate your WiFi network using the HomePass app that you will need to download to your smartphone. After set up and activation, you will have fiber fed WiFi service in your home.
After your order has been submitted, you will receive an email from Alaska Communications outlining next steps and how to prepare for your installation. Following are a few tips for smooth installation:
- Don’t cancel your current service until we install your new service.
- Make sure someone 18 or older is available for the entire installation.
- Installation requires access both inside and outside your home.
- Choose a location in your home where you would like your fiber cable to come in from and attach to the Optical Network Terminal (ONT). Note - you will want an AC power outlet nearby so we can power the ONT and WiFi SuperPod.
- Clear the area around the fiber cable entry point and the AC power outlet for easy access. Note – our technicians are unable to move televisions, appliances and furniture.
- Download the HomePass app available on iOS or Android as you will need it to activate your WiFi.
Yes, your order does include one free Plume SuperPod. Alaska Communications technicians will install your SuperPod and will help you activate your home WiFi connection using the HomePass app.
For more about Plume SuperPod and HomePass Membership visit: Plume WiFi Support.
Should your home require more than one SuperPod, you may request additional SuperPods at time of installation. Our technicians will be able to provide you with the necessary number of SuperPods to optimize your homes WiFi network. Additional SuperPods costs $99.99 per device.
Plume SuperPods only work when paired with HomePass membership. They must be purchased together and will require a smart device that connects to either the Apple Store or Google Play to activate your HomePass membership and SuperPods.