Building Alaska's Fastest Network
Alaska Communications is investing in our fiberoptic network, bringing advanced, high-speed, completely unlimited, Alaska Communications Fiber to select neighborhoods in Anchorage, Soldotna, and Fairbanks.
Check your address to see if Alaska Communications Fiber is available in your neighborhood!
You will receive both mail and door hanger notification of upcoming construction and available plans, promotions, and pricing directly from Alaska Communications. We will also have our awesome sales team in your neighborhood throughout the construction process to answer any questions you may have while construction is ongoing.
Construction crews may need to access easements on your property. Here are a few ways you can determine if you have an easement and how to find it:
- Check the legal description of your property on the deed. If you don't have a copy of your property deed, you can reach out to the State of Alaska Recorder’s Office to order a copy.
- Try reaching out to your utility company to ask if they have easement information for your property.
- The zoning or mapping department is responsible for keeping records for your area and may be able to provide information about easements on your property.
- You can also hire a title insurance company or private title searcher to provide a comprehensive report about easements.
Timelines vary based on a number of factors:
- City planning and neighborhood layout - The easier it is to access utilities and property easements (these are sometimes called a "right-of-way" or "shared access points", in a neighborhood) the more efficiently we can complete each phase of construction. Complex street designs or limited access points can slow a crew’s progress.
- Weather and unexpected natural obstacles - Rain and bad weather can stop or slow any kind of construction project. Fiber installation is no exception.
- Local restrictions - Different areas have different allowances for construction hours. In some cases, we can work as long as there’s daylight. In other cases, we’re restricted to specific hours during the week. Regardless of the crew’s availability, we must comply with local ordinances.
When work is happening near your house, it’s getting close! Service will be available for installation once a group of homes or businesses are collectively connected to the systems and we’ve completed testing. Our Alaska Communications team will attempt to contact you as soon as possible so you can order service and schedule installation at your address.