InternetNow Wired Connection
InternetNow is your instant-access, high-speed, pay-as-you-go internet service. Enjoy no term contract - a perfect pay-as-you-go connection for home or business.
InternetNow Get Connected
Q. What equipment do I need – do I need a modem?
A. InternetNow service is delivered via Ethernet and doesn’t require the same modem typically used by cable-based Internet providers.
- For direct internet access, you’ll need an Ethernet cable and Ethernet device
(we recommend using a router, but a computer works, too)
- For Wireless Internet (WiFi), simply connect a router to our Ethernet Wall Jack (it’s the wall jack with our logo on it)
- Or, plug your Ethernet device into the InternetNow Wall Jack in your unit with an Ethernet cable
Q. If I decide to use a router, what router should I use?
A. If you choose to use a router, we suggest one with the following features:
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- Not a modem/router combination
- Older routers may need replacing – we’re giving you speed!
Q. How do I connect to InternetNow?
A. Getting connected is easy:
- Plug your router or computer via Ethernet cable into the Wall Jack (with our logo)
- From your device, open a web browser
- Our sign-up page will display, then select “Sign up for Service”
- Create a username and password
- Choose your package and enter your payment info
- Sign in with your newly created credentials
- We’ll send you an email to confirm
Q. How do I manage my account and update info?
A. Log into your account at internetnow.alaskacommunications.com and select “sign into my account”
- From here, you can update account information, view billing statements and manage your devices (using advanced settings)
Q. How do I add or register a device to my account?
A. If you signed up for service wirelessly (via your router), just sign in with your credentials - your router is the device registered to your account.
- Be sure your router is in router mode, and connect as many devices as you’d like (to your router) by connecting to the wireless network you created (with your router)
- If your router is in bridge mode (Apple routers default to this setting), you will need to separately register each device to your account and are bound by our device limit
- The easiest way to add a device to your account is to bring up our splash page on the device you're trying to connect (open a web browser, then sign in to your account using your account credentials)
- If you're device does not have a web browser to populate our splash page, you'll need to add the MAC address of that device into your account via your account manager at internetnow.alaskacommunications.com
Q. How do I manage (view, remove, or manually add) devices on my account?
A. Log into your account at internetnow.alaskacommunications.com
- After you’re logged in, select “Manage My Packages” > “Subscribed Packages” > “Advanced.”
- Verify under “Existing Devices” that your device (MAC address) is registered
- You can select “Edit” to name your device, or remove as needed
Q. What if I used my computer as my Ethernet device - can I change to a router or different device later?
A. Absolutely - but if you switch, you'll need to update/add the MAC address of the new device.