DIRECTV STREAM Service
DIRECTV STREAM requires high speed internet. Minimum internet speed of 8Mbps per stream recommended for optimal viewing.
*DIRECTV STREAM: Compatible device req’d. Residential U.S. customers only (excludes Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands). Your DIRECTV STREAM service renews monthly at the prevailing rate, charged to your payment method on file unless you cancel. Once you’ve canceled, you can access DIRECTV STREAM through the remaining monthly period. New customers who cancel service in the first 14 days will receive a full refund. Otherwise, no refunds or credits for any partial-month periods or unwatched content DIRECTV STREAM Device: DIRECTV STREAM device for well-qualified customers $5/mo. each for 24/mos. on 0% APR installment agreement; otherwise $120 each. Non-qualified customers must purchase devices up front. Purchased devices may be returned within 14 days for a full refund. Devices purchased on installment agreement subject to additional terms and conditions. See cancellation policy at directv.com/legal/directv-stream-cancellation-policy/ for more details. Regional Sports & Local Channels: Regional Sports available with CHOICE and above. Not available in select areas. Channels vary by package & billing region. Device may need to be in billing region in order to view. Limits: Offers may not be available through all channels and in select areas. Programming subject to blackout restrictions. Subject to DIRECTV STREAM terms and conditions (see directv.com/legal/). Pricing, channels, features, and terms are subject to change & may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice. See directv.com/stream for details.
HBO Max: Access HBO Max through HBO Max app or hbomax.com with your DIRECTV log-in credentials. Compatible device or browser required. Use of HBO Max is subject to its own terms and conditions, see hbomax.com/terms-of-use for details. Programming and content subj. to change. Upon cancellation of your video service you may lose access to HBO Max. Limits: Access to one HBO Max account per DIRECTV account holder. May not be stackable w/other offers, credits or discounts. To learn more, visit directv.com/hbomax. Minimum 3G connection is required for viewing on mobile devices. HBO MAX is used under license.
©2021 DIRECTV. DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM are trademarks of DIRECTV, LLC. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Streaming TV—Frequently Asked Questions
How to order DIRECTV STREAM through Alaska Communications
- Check your address location for Internet service availability and click on Order New Service
- Follow the steps to order new internet service:
- On the Product Selection page, select the internet product (Unlimited Internet, FiWi Unlimited Internet, or AKXinternet).
- In the popup box, under Features & Options, check the box "Add-On Options" and then check the box DIRECTV STREAM (Save $20/Mo. On Internet For First 12 Mo.)
- Continue placing your Internet order and select “Place Order”
- Next, you will need to complete your DIRECTV STREAM purchase (please note, this is a separate transaction)
- Check your inbox for an email sent by Alaska Communications
- Open the email with the subject line “Your Bundle Awaits” (if you don’t see it, check your junk mail or promotions folder)
- Click the link in the email to order your DIRECTV STREAM service (IMPORTANT – you must use the same email address when ordering DIRECTV STREAM service)
- Follow the steps and select your DIRECTV STREAM package, add-ons, and equipment and finish placing your order. IMPORTANT – must purchase DIRECTV STREAM Device to receive bundle discount.
- Once your order is placed for DIRECTV STREAM you can instantly start streaming your favorite entertainment
- That’s it. Enjoy!
Depending on the DIRECTV STREAM package you chose, Alaska Communications will apply the appropriate discount ($10, $15, or $20 per month) to your internet service for the first 12 months of service.
How to order DIRECTV STREAM
- Choose this link to Order DIRECTV STREAM
- Enter your address and select “Go”
- Select your DIRECTV STREAM package, add-ons, and equipment and finish placing your order
- Once your order is complete, you can instantly stream your favorite entertainment
What is Streaming TV?
Streaming TV is the distribution of Live or On Demand television content via an Internet connection. Unlike standard Cable or Satellite TV, Streaming TV gives you the freedom to watch TV on any Internet connected device including smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, computers and more.
Why is Alaska Communications selling DIRECTV STREAM?
Alaskans need a choice for streaming and entertainment content. Many Alaskans who have cable are looking for new TV options. The reliability of Alaska Communications unlimited internet, coupled with the strength and options of DIRECTV STREAM will give Alaskans a high-quality entertainment experience, and a local option for excellent home services.
Do I need internet service to use DIRECTV STREAM?
Yes, you will need an internet connection to stream DIRECTV STREAM. DIRECTV STREAM recommends a minimum of 8Mbps for optimal viewing.
What do I need to stream DIRECTV STREAM? Is there anything to install?
All you need to get started is high speed internet. DIRECTV STREAM recommends a minimum of 8Mbps per stream for optimal viewing. You may also download the DIRECTV STREAM app for streaming on compatible devices.
What local channels are available?
Live local channels available are KYUR (ABC), KYES (CBS), KTBY (FOX), and KTUU (NBC).
Availability of channels varies based on package selection. RSNs are not available in all areas and may vary by ZIP code and package.
Is there a term commitment?
There is no term contract for Alaska Communications internet service or DIRECTV STREAM service. However, for the DIRECTV STREAM Device there is a 24-month contract if you choose to pay for the device in installments of $5 per month plus tax. See details ➤
Do I need Alaska Communications internet to get DIRECTV STREAM?
No, you are not required to have Alaska Communications internet service to stream DIRECTV STREAM. However, all Alaska Communications home internet packages are unlimited and are ideal for streaming. Plus, you can bundle internet and DIRECTV STREAM and save even more!
Can I bring my own streaming device?
Yes – you can bring your own compatible streaming device or purchase one through DIRECTV. However, you must purchase the DIRECTV STREAM Device to receive the Alaska Communications bundle discount.
Who do I contact for DIRECTV STREAM support?
Visit the DIRECTV STREAM Help Center for all your DIRECTV STREAM support needs.
Will Alaska Communications bill me for my DIRECTV STREAM service?
No, Alaska Communications will only bill you for Internet service. Your DIRECTV STREAM service will be billed through DIRECTV.
What will my bill(s) and payment(s) look like?
You will have a separate account for both Alaska Communications and DIRECTV STREAM. Alaska Communications will bill you for internet service and DIRECTV will bill you separately for your streaming service. See Alaska Communications Billing Support for details.
For support with your DIRECTV STREAM subscription, DIRECTV STREAM Device and billing questions, please visit DIRECTV STREAM Support.
Special Offers for Your Home
Internet Plans For Home
Bill Payment Options
Service Availability Check
New CustomerTo order new service, select the button below so we can help you to:
- See services available
- Shop for services
- Order new service
Current CustomerAlready a customer? Select the button below so we can help you to:
- Sign into AccountView
- Make changes to your account(s)
- Make changes to current service(s)