Put personal e-mail at your fingertips. Using Mail, you can easily set up your e-mail account right on your phone. Mail contains the settings for many popular e-mail providers such as Hotmail and AOL, so setting up your e-mail account can be as simple as entering your e-mail address and password.
- If this is your first time to set up an e-mail account, tap Mail on the Home screen. Otherwise, press Home, tap the All Programs button (that is, the button that appears to the left of the Phone button below the screen), and then tap Mail.
- On the Choose a mail provider screen, tap Other (POP3/IMAP).
- Enter the e-mail address and password for your e-mail account and then tap Next.
If the account type you want to set up is not in the phone database, you will be prompted to enter more details, such as the incoming/outgoing server settings.
Use these settings for any Alaska Communications e-mail address:
- Click to find your Incoming Server.
- The Incoming port is 110 and the Security Type is None.
- Click to find your Outgoing Server.
- The Outgoing port is 25 and the Security Type is None.
- Do not check Require Sign-In.
- Enter the Account name and Your name and then tap Finish setup.
When you tap Mail again on the Home screen, you will see the e-mail account you have just created. You can now start sending and receiving e-mail with this account.